The Day After Judgement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After the Great War, little was left in the wake of the nuclear assault. Caught in the midst, you seek to make a name for yourself in this...'new' world.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overpowered and Invalid. GG

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Overpowered and Invalid. GG Empty
PostSubject: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:12 pm

Cyrus (last name unknow)

6'7''
134lb

Weapons:
One Handed War Axe: 6 (on crit causes bleading damage 2 points for the next 3 turns.)
Plasma Pistol: 6 (10)

Perks:

Sonic Cleave:
Cyrun cleavs his axe into his opponet with such force and speed the sound barrier breaks and flows onto the opponet dealing extra (+3 will scale with lvl) force damage. (Auto crit, must be in Battle Rage)

Trick Shot:
Cyrus kicks off his opponet/ a wall to flip and fire 2 shots of his plasma pistol into his opponent. (Auto hit, no crit)

Flaw:

Battle Rage:
When Cyrus is forced to fight (attacked by someone) he loses control and cannot stop combat until the enemy is defeated.

Cyrus was born into his military family and was groomed for his position to one day lead the Encalve to its glory. Socialy accepted by friends, family, and females. Cyrus was never alone until he fell in love with one Alexis River. She stole his love, mind, and tried to steal his seat of power after an atempt at murder she was sentenced to death by fireing squad. Cyrus was devisated and left cold. He now leads the Enclave from the front lines and battles, Raiders, Super Mutants, and the Brotherhood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:31 pm

Broken... fix please.. You can literally 2 hit anyone at any level, you don't even need crits.

Keep in mind, 2 of us are new to RPing(including me) i understand that stuff is legit but try and get around our level until we get more experience.

Last edited by Holden on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
John Zerk
Admin
John Zerk

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:39 pm

THIS IS MORE BROKEN THAN HOLDEN'S LEGS.
brb shittingbricks
Back to top Go down
https://dayafter.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:44 pm

there is OP, Broken, God modding and then this player sheet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Ok guys, really. Let's be civil.

Cyrus, I can see that you're trying. You've got the perks and the flaw down and such. You haven't put anything into stats yet- well here. Everything starts at one and you cannot reduce them lower than one. There are four stats-

You have 21 points to spend. To start, it should all look the same- STR: 1, END: 1, PER: 1, AGI: 1. Divide those 21 points up between these stats and you should end up with 25 total points spent. If you add your stat totals up (not counting perks) and they don't come up to that much or they come up as more, you did it wrong, do it again and count more carefully.

Strength- Affects melee to-hit rolls.

Endurance- Is how well you avoid attacks. Functions like AC in 3rd Edition D&D. People start with a base Endurance of 1. It can't get lower than that.

Perception- Affects ranged to-hit rolls.

Agility- Affects the speed of your character relative to another's. For every 4 points of agility above your opponent, you get an extra attack against them.

Fill that stuff out.

Next, perks. Yeah, okay. I can tell you tried hard with these. Who doesn't like supersonic axes??

But no. A crit is a hit. That's an autohitting critical strike with +3 damage that you can use whenever you enter combat. That's horseshit, plain and simple. At this level, no way in hell. We all start at level one. Nerf the shit out of that, please.

Now, I know this sounds weird, but autohitting is discouraged. Your wall jump thing? That's cool and all, but there are walls all around, and the addition of 'Oh hey, I can wall jump on people too' doesn't help. It's not limited. It means: 'I can wall jump indefinitely and get two hits on my opponent every turn regardless of their agility or endurance!'

That, my friend, is broken here. Totally broken. You don't need to crit, because double hitting someone with the plasma pistol does more than its critical.

Yeah.

Now, about your flaw.

Your flaw feeds your perk.

Your flaw is basically 'I can't stop killing whoever attacks me'. Sorry, but that's not much of a flaw. That's more a personality trait. Flaws are supposed to have a negative effect on gameplay. Not a positive one (the positive effect being that you can use your sonic cleave perk at will during your so-called flaw's effect). It's not a perk, but does that do anything to mitigate your supersonic axe swing? (which is physically impossible, by the way) No, it doesn't. Pick a flaw that's a detriment.

If you want, maybe you could make it relate to your backstory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Ok lets start off with my name is Wayne and I have been running forums for about 4 years now. I have been playing for six, this does not include the several D&D sessions I have played since i was 14. So first off this is a work in progress, i.e. not done yet. Second this point system i came up with I know how to spec my character. Third, Im your regular power player. Meaning I play to win, I spend days planning my character for a reason. Which brings me to my next point, no my flaw is perfectly legit it holds me back from retreating. Adding a stipulation to my perk to further limit myself only makes me weaker. Next on the list is my scale you people seem to have such a problem with, now every forum/DM is different but fallow the same basic rules I put +3 as a place holder because there is no posted lvl cap. After talking with Evelet we agreed on 10 to place your max health at 100. Based on this my scale starts at 2 and moves to 10 at cap 10% of your max. Also this skill has no recharge yet which I plan to make 5, this is also something I came up with on my forum, that along with using only one ability per round to stop spamming. Ok you guys are noobs so ill level with you ill take off the crit but the auto-hit stays its recharge is 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm

What i meant by broken, was that it's not broken, it's the fact of it's OP and as i said.. Most of us HAVE NEVER RP'D before so you can do what you like just know, it's going to BE BORING AS FUCK for you. Your going to at this lvl destroy everyone from lvl 1-3 in 2-3 turns which is no fun for us, so unless you are never going to fight untill we are all lvl 8 then as i said^ It's going to be boring as ever. I only suggest turning it down a bit on the Dmg modifiers. Other than that i like what you did, making me want to go and redo my 2nd perk.
Back to top Go down
Maeve Bardock

Maeve Bardock

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Alright, Cyrus the way I see it, the skills are fine, but they are overpowered because none of us went glass cannon and we made more passive skills. Since our perks are less combat involved and more a chance play or something that adds on to you rather than a skill that deals damage. Preferably, it would be better if you had a kit more like ours. The only person that actually has a skill as theirs is Carmin, and it doesn't buff anything, it's just a double melee attack per opponent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:28 pm

You want it changed fine ill change it just know no good has ever come from making me rework my character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overpowered and Invalid. GG   Overpowered and Invalid. GG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overpowered and Invalid. GG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Day After Judgement :: Characters-
Jump to: